Tuesday, 15 September 2015

Using what I know

WALT: think about what I already know before I start reading

Success Criteria:
  • I can share my ideas about what I already know before I start reading
  • I can learn from what others already know to help me in my reading
  • I use what I already know to help me work out new and tricky words
  • I use what I already know to help me better understand what I read



How I am going

I can share my ideas about what I already know before I start reading
Kerri thinks



I can learn from what others already know to help me in my reading
Kerri thinks


I use what I already know to help me work out new and tricky words
Kerri thinks



I use what I already know to help me better understand what I read
Kerri thinks





Reflection

Thinking about what I already know helps me: by getting my brain ready to read and learn.

It was really hard when: reading the full stops and other punctuation.

Something that really helped me was: breaking the words into parts to work them out. Doing the plays helps me to read the full stops.

Something new I learned was: I need not read like a robot.

Kerri Thinks
I think you do listen and learn from others when we chat in our reading groups. You can share your ideas and add on to the ideas of others. This helps you to understand what you read and work out some tricky new words. Your next learning step is to read fluently and with expression out loud. We will try reading some plays in our group to help with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment