Monday, 14 September 2015

Rangatiratanga



We are learning about Rangatiratanga (Leadership and initative).

This is what we think Rangatiratanga is...
  • Helping new kids –showing them what to do and where things are
  • Doing something without being asked
  • Helpingpo
  • Solving problems for ourselves… thinking
  • Leading by example… showing by doing
  • It is not being a bossy boots
Rangatiratanga (Leadership and Initiative) - it is all about thinking and making some choices for ourselves.

We need to think for ourselves!!


I show rangatiratanga - (leadership and initative) in the classroom.
Kerri thinks



I show rangatiratanga - (leadership and initative) in the playground.
Kerri thinks



My Reflection
I show rangatiratanga in the playground by: showing new people around the school so they know where stuff is.

I show rangatiratanga in the classroom when: In the morning when I put the chairs down without being asked.

It was really hard when: sometimes I only include my friends in the games.
Kerri Thinks

Atta, you do a great job of showing rangatiratanga in the classroom in the mornings before school. You get on and do the jobs that need doing without being asked or checking to make sure it is ok. I would love to see this fabulous attitude slip into other areas to. I know sometimes you find it difficult to get started but remember to always try your best, even if you are working on something that isn't your favourite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment